Smoking is very addicting and dangerous to one’s well-being. To decide that you will quit smoking is commendable but certainly difficult. It will entail a lot of resolve, courage, discipline, and even faith to get you through. There are a number of ways to stop this bad habit. You can take advice from friends and family, oftentimes unsolicited but nonetheless well-meaning. You can also rely on: expert knowledge of physicians; media campaigns in television, radio, and print; warnings on the cigarette packages itself against smoking; and the long narration of ex-smokers themselves who have successfully kicked the habit.
The method and experience will not be the same for everyone. Some would be successful after only one go, others would fail but persevere again, while the rest will just simply give up because of too much hardship and sacrifice.
Here are some methods that might interest you.
1. Go cold turkey
2. Use a nicotine patch
3. Switch to electronic cigarettes (not the same experience but healthier)
6. Join support groups who have the same problem and goal as you do
7. Distance yourself from friends or family who smoke (they are a bad
8. Voluntarily decrease your cigarette consumption per day
If the above methods still do not work for you then maybe it is time to try something else. When all else fails, you can try switching to a new product that helps you quit smoking without experiencing the agonizing withdrawal symptoms. Champix might be the answer that you are looking for.
Here are some of the reasons why Champix is worthy of being given a chance:
1. Champix is a product created by Pfizer which is known as a global leader in the research and manufacturing of all types of health and curative medications.
2. Champix is a prescriptive medication that contains the primary ingredient varenicline which is a nicotine receptor partial agonist.
3. Varenicline acts on the receptors in the brain so as to reduce a smoker’s craving for nicotine and put an end to his smoking days.
4. Champix triumphantly passed the two test studies conducted by the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) which operates under the European Medicines Agency.
5. Varenicline, under the brand name Champix, was approved by the European Commission in September 2006 to be sold in its member countries while the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted varenicline, using the brand name Chantix, to be marketed in the United States.
6. Champix effectively works more than other brands according to a study posted at the European Medicines agency.com.
7. Based on its own clinical studies, Pfizer points out that one out of five patients was still smoke-free after one year that the clinical test was conducted.
8. Known side effects of Champix are treatable and manageable if these are immediately brought to the attention of a physician.
9. Champix may be easily purchased online but only after undergoing a thorough online assessment by a physician.
10. Champix is reasonably priced and is offered in package types namely, a Starter Pack, Refill Pack and Full Course.